Friday, August 23, 2013

One Week Down!

With one week of school (well, three days at least) almost finished, I wanted to give you a review of what we've accomplished this week!

- What are we going to learn this year?
- Who am I? What am I interested in? What do I like to do? How does reading make me feel?
- Expectations/ Procedures in the classroom
- Set up readers notebook with section for journal, lessons, and writing about reading
- describe what is easy and what is hard about Language Arts and Reading

Next week we will dive into our discussion over the book Wonder we read over the summer (by RJ Palacio). I hope you found it as powerful as I did. I would encourage all of you to share the book with your family members! No one is too old to read the book and experience Auggie's first days of school. You will most likely have to post comments on the blog related to your opinions of the characters and events in Wonder!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Smith
    I just wanted to confirm that the easy/hard page was just about reading?
    Thank you
    Emily R

    ReplyDelete